l o v e l y t h i n g s



7.28.2011

Boy's Room

Patrick's room....not the suite that his sister has, but boys need more space than the confines of  bedroom.  We have a three car garage that accommodates lots of boys and activities like ping pong and of course a big screen TV (which came with the house).  How convenient is that?    Bed is from West Elm, Saarinen night table and IKEA lamp.

His closet doors open out...I hate sliding doors because you lose that space in the middle.  His bathroom is painted almost black (the 2nd to the darkest shade at Restoration Hardware) and the floor is black and white.
Part of keeping everything organized is having a place for everything.  Behind his door there are shelves and drawers.  He has a mini monument collection...what kid doesn't, right?  We added an outlet for the shelf which holds his Yankee Stadium.

We've had these IKEA locker cabinets forever and I just can't bring myself to get rid of them because they provide a lot of storage.  Under his window seat are three deep drawers.  One for school uniforms, one for sports clothing and one for t-shirts and shorts.  No need for a dresser.
I chose an old fashioned sink, all white subway tile and hooks.  I always go with hooks over towel bars.  I found the biggest ones I could in hopes I would find his towel on it and not the floor.  These are the Sophia hooks from Pottery Barn. 

Yep...that's a urinal.


17 comments:

  1. Every room in your home is just gorgeous! Love the lockers. Such a great addition to a boys room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Patrick's room! One of my favorite things is the bathroom wall color and tile floor! Very cool. Yep, I think a lot of boys have monument collections........ I think it's a guy/boy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely room in your home, I love Patrick's room! Our house in Minnesota had closet doors that swung out too, loved that.

    And that bathroom, I have never seen subway tile set inside the trim like you have done here. I may have to incorporate something similar in one of my bathrooms :)
    xo Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I see more of your house my jaw drops!!!! More, more, more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay.. love the urinal .. and the rest of his bathroom - the wall color, the tile, the wood trim - nice touches. And those locker cabinets have always been high on my list! I love seeing your home - it never disappoints ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Annie:
    What an absolutely splendid room. We imagine that Patrick must be really thrilled to have somewhere like this which he can call his own. It is, as you show, both very stylish and perfectly functional and the black and white bathroom is, in our view, perfect. What is more, Patrick is clearly an ordered person - how nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeously NEAT boy's room! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great pad! I really love the style of the bathroom ,your family are so lucky to have you as a mum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bathroom paneling is gorgeous. What lucky kids you have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. annie you have the greatest style. love this room. is he as neat as madeline? LOVE the almost black paint in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great room for a boy! I love the use of the Ikea locker cabinets as additional storage space - the shiny red painted metal provides such a nice pop of colour. I had to laugh at the urinal though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this bedroom is great!! It seems so cosy and boyish at the same time!! I love your house style! Thanks for showing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too, love this bedroom. My little boys walls are in need of an update and I was thinking of going all white on the walls. We have a lot of painted paneling in there. All of your rooms give me such great inspiration. Any tips to getting the right white and getting it right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! I don't know what I like best - the stunning bathroom, Yankees Stadium light or the urinal! Not that I could use a urinal, but seriously, what boy wouldn't like that?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! Brilliant room...and the bath is great...I wouldn't mind this being *my* room (with a ladies potty of course). The black paint is so great (actually everything is so great, I could go on and on!).
    xo J~

    ReplyDelete